We can investigate complaints that allege agency action is:
- Contrary to law or regulation.
- Unreasonable, unfair, oppressive, or inconsistent with the general course of an agency’s functioning, even though in accordance with law.
- Based on a mistake of law or arbitrary in ascertainments of fact.
- Based on improper motivation or irrelevant consideration.
- Unaccompanied by an adequate statement of reasons.
We may also be concerned with strengthening procedures and practices which lessen the risk that objectionable administrative actions will occur.